Originally designed to grow citrus trees that wouldn’t survive the northern European winter in the 1740s, orangeries were built with south facing glass windows to attract the maximum amount of afternoon sunlight, set into thick brick walls to protect against the wind and cold.
Today the word orangery is used more loosely generally referring to a building attached to the main house. Orangeries differ from conservatories as they are mainly constructed from brick with glazed sides and glazed panels in the roof.
Why add an orangery?
- Stylish, elegant addition to your home
- Increase the value of the property
- Extend your space for year round enjoyment
- Double glazed and thermally insulated
- Hardwood and aluminium options
Adding an extra dimension to your life and home, an orangery not only adds living space but extra value to your home. Available in a wide range of timber and aluminium materials each one can be tailored to match or compliment your existing style.
Today, more than ever, improved technology has made orangeries cheaper and easier to maintain. Double glazing, self cleaning glass, under floor heating and thermally insulated doors and windows all contribute towards the end result. Stylish and elegant, a classic addition to your home, whether traditional or modern in style.
Our bespoke ranges are used not only in private homes but also in restaurants and places of entertainment with great success. By extending the floor space businesses can not only capitalise on previously unused space but enhance the look and feel of the premises. No project is too large or too small.
Why use Bayfield?
- 30 years orangery experience
- Detailed design and build service
- Traditional and modern options
- NO pressure selling – consultative approach
- Highest possible build standards
- 30 year guarantee
Having over 30 years experience in the design, build and installation of quality glazed extensions, we work hard to meet the high standards expected by our clients, we listen to your requirements and advise you on the best solution.
Our approach is to offer a detailed design and build service that a no point puts any pressure on you so we can ‘make a sale’. Our consultative approach is backed up by many years of design experience as well as the construction knowledge to translate that into high quality structures.
All our orangeries are built to the highest standards as detailed in typical specifications below and offer you complete peace of mind, with an assurance backed guarantee.
Quality orangeries specification
- Solid concrete foundations to building regulations approval
- 100mm Kingspan underfloor insulation
- 100mm concrete floor slab on damp proof membrane
- 50mm Kingspan insulation in cavity wall
- Window frames engineered timber – 30 year guarantee.
- Window frames factory coated in four layers – 8 year guarantee.
- Windows glazed using toughened glass with a low-emission, soft coat treatment and argon filled – U-value 1.3.
- Roof lanterns structural aluminium and clad externally with powder coated aluminium.
- Roof lantern glazed using toughened glass treated with self cleaning, neutral anti-sun, anti-glare, low emission and argon filled.
- Flat roof surround finished with marine ply, fiberglass waterproofed.
- Flat roof area to be insulated using 150mm Celotex.
Get a no obligation orangeries quote today.
An orangery is a real alternative to a traditional extension and will add significant value and style to your home. Our experts offer a bespoke design service to help with your choice.
Why don’t you contact us today so we can help turn your dreams into reality? We looking forward to hearing from you.